40 million Americans 12 and older meet the medical criteria for addiction, but most who need treatment don't receive it.
What's NewNovember 14, 2013 NEW
November 8, 2013
CASAColumbia responds to the Obama Administration's proposed release of final parity regulations and identifies addiction benefits to include EHB plans.
CASAColumbia In the News
- For Colleges, Does Drug Testing Really Prevent Drug Use?
October 2, 2013, USA Today
- FDA is Missing in Action on E-Cigarettes
September 21, 2013, The Hill
- Inside a New York Drug Clinic, Allegations of Kickbacks and Shoddy Care
September 9, 2013, ProPublica
- Half of college students binge drink and/or use other drugs and almost a quarter meet medical criteria for addiction.
- 1 in 4 Americans will have an alcohol or other drug problem at some point in their lives.
- 40.3 million people (16%) in the U.S. 12 and over meet the medical criteria for addiction -- more than the share of the population with cancer, diabetis or heart disease.