40 million Americans 12 and older meet the medical criteria for addiction, but most who need treatment don't receive it.
May 9, 2013 NEW
CASAColumbia’s 21st Anniversary Dinner Raises More Than $1.5 Million.
June 26, 2012
Addiction Medicine: Closing the Gap between Science and Practice, reveals addiction treatment neglected by the U.S. medical system and a lack of national treatment standards to assure quality care for those with the disease of addiction.
CASAColumbia In the News
- Response to "Addiction a Disease Like Any Other"
May 6, 2013, The Washington Times
- New Yorkers Discover the Benefits of Giving Up Booze
April 22, 2013, DNAinfo.com
- Response to "Dementia Care Cost Is Projected to Double by 2040"
April 8, 2013, The New York Times
- Half of college students binge drink and/or use other drugs and almost a quarter meet medical criteria for addiction.
- 1 in 4 Americans will have an alcohol or other drug problem at some point in their lives.
- 40.3 million people (16%) in the U.S. 12 and over meet the medical criteria for addiction -- more than the share of the population with cancer, diabetis or heart disease.